New Zealand Immigration Advice

If you wish to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three main ways to do this:

1. Complete the appliance form yourself

You can select the visa you need utilizing the Immigration website and full the applying type yourself with the information supplied by Immigration New Zealand.

Each visa type has an software form and accompanying guide. We recommend you read the information before attempting to finish the applying form.

Don’t worry if you happen to get stuck along the best way; you may contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Engage a licensed immigration adviser

You possibly can engage a licensed immigration adviser to help you along with your visa application but they will need to have a current licence.

A person who gives New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Earlier than partaking an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to ensure the person you might be engaging has a valid immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers could only be able to advise on limited areas).

The Government’s Immigration Advisers Authority provides data on who may give New Zealand immigration advice and explains tips on how to apply a visa under section 61 to complain if you’re unhappy. They also provide a helpful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Ought to you might have any problem finding a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you may contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is responsible for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking action in opposition to those giving immigration advice and not using a licence.

3. Have interaction somebody who’s exempt from the license necessities

You may also search immigration advice from people who find themselves exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption contains:

education agents who’re solely permitted to offer immigration advice on student visas

legal professionals with a current New Zealand practising certificate

overseas diplomats and consular staff

employees of the New Zealand Government who present immigration advice as part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption includes:

legal professionals with a present New Zealand practising certificate

members of Parliament and their staff who provide immigration advice as a part of their jobs

government staff who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Neighborhood Regulation Centres or Residents Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society internetsite will help you find a lawyer or legal firm or check that your existing lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.